Honda e-Concept, Hyundai Neptune Hydrogen Truck & e-Scooter win the ‘2020 Future Mobility of the Year’ Awards
Honda and Hyundai are selected as the best concept car makers of 2020 by global motor journalists. The organizer of Future Mobility of the Year (FMOTY) has announced Honda e-Concept, Hyundai Neptune Hydrogen Truck & e-Scooter as the winners of the 2020 FMOTY Awards.
Honda e-Concept, which won Best Private Mobility, was awarded for its combination of retro outlook and advanced HMI that realize electric mass mobility.
Public &Commercial Mobility winner Hyundai HDC-6 Neptune Hydrogen Truck was rated best in class for its sustainable vision for decarbonized society, and the advancement of fuel cell powered heavy–duty truck.
The winner in Personal Mobility Category Hyundai e Scooter was rated for excellent compact design, a built in feature of electrical cars that expand the range of personal mobility
FMOTY Awards was established by KAIST, a leading Korean engineering school in 2019 to recognize innovative contributions of car makers to shape concept cars for future mobility.
This concept car awards are given to concept cars that debuted at international motor shows in three categories - Private, Public &Commercial, Personal - each of which contributes to innovative transportation concepts and technologies that shape the future of mobility. It is distinct from most existing car awards for commercial vehicle.
The FMOTY judges are made up of 16 renowned motor journalists representing 11 countries. Over the three months, the judges evaluated 71 concept cars which had debuted from Nov 2018 to Dec 2019.
In 28th July, the awards ceremony was held at KAIST, and trophies were awarded to Hyundai and Honda developers.
The official of FMOTY awards organizer said “Influenced by severe pandemic, most judges more focused on sustainability and practical changes of mobility shaping visions of mobility for post corona. Honda and Hyundai are rated best as leading concept car makers of 2020”.
Details can be found on the official website of FMOTY (www.fmoty.org )
① The organizer of FMOTY
▶ FMOTY Awards was established by KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology), a top engineering school in South Korea.
② Judging Committee:
▶Charlie Turner, BBC Top gear (UK)
▶Paul Horrell, BBC Top gear (UK)
▶Frank Markus, Motor trend (US)
▶Georg Kacher, Car Magazine (Germany)
▶Marchett Tricamo, L’Automobile (Italia)
▶Hirohisa Kaneko, motor journalist (Japan)
▶Koro Okazaki, Car &Driver Japan (Japan)
▶Yasuhisa Shimashita, motor analyst (Japan)
▶Jun Miao, MJ car show (China)
▶Chacky Ip, The Hong Kong Automobile Association (Hong Kong)
▶Sierra Yeh, TCar (Taiwan)
▶Carlos Payo Calderon, Autopista (Spain)
▶Zeca Chaves, Quatro Rodas (Brazil)
▶Carl Cunanan, C magazine (Philippines)
▶Yongjoo Kwon, Auto Times (Korea)
▶Kibeom Kim, ROADTEST (Korea)
③ Winners for Future Mobility of the Year 2020 & comments of Judges
▶Private Mobility Category: Honda e-Concept
-Charlie Turner (UK): The Honda E is a vehicle that thanks to its stunning design, advanced HMI and driving dynamics could be responsible for driving the EV revolution from early adopters to mass market.
-Jun Mao (China): very cute and classic design, Large horizontal screen and impressive Side Camera Mirror System.
-Chacky Ip (Hong Kong): Retro outlook compromised functionality and simplicity, it finally gets manufactured by its practicality too.
-Yasuhisa Shimashita (Japan): Honda e has returned to the original advantages of electric vehicles and is committed to city commuters. The battery capacity is not too large, and the body is smaller and lighter. The concept, which reconfirms the enjoyment of movement, including the footwork of the rear-wheel drive layout, is an important proposal for the future
▶ Public &Commercial Mobility Category: Hyundai HDC-6 Neptune Hydrogen Truck
- Frank Markus (U.S): The design is as futuristic as the hydrogen propulsion system, which may yet prove to be the most effective carbon-neutral means of moving heavy goods over land.
- Marchetti Tricamo (Italia): Bus and truck are the right vehicle to be fueled with fuel cell technologies in terms of size and for their purpose. Neptune is perfect to more deeply explore the real opportunities in the commercial vehicle market.
- Carlo Payo Calderson (Spain): The transport of the future on the road will have its main ally in hydrogen. Interesting futuristic and functional truck.
▶ Personal Mobility Category: Hyundai e Scooter
-Paul Horrell (U.K): Its compact folding design means it can stay in the trunk of a car while the owner drives to the edge of a city and parks, then the owner can go on to their destination by scooter. So it will lessen congestion on city road and parking space.
- Carl Cunanan (Philippine): The Hyundai e-scooter may look simple, but it is actually a very-last-mile solution that can incorporate the strength of a global transportation brand with the changing needs and technologies of modern life.
- Goro Okazaki (Japan): The key to this kind of vehicle is lightness and portability, E-scooter is perfect for that respect.
– Zeca Chaves (Brazil): What other personal vehicle can be carried under the arm or inside a backpack? This is the ultimate practical, low-cost mobility solution.
Hyundai and Honda developers were awarded in 28th July at KAIST
ⓒ 2019 Future Mobility of The Year Awards.
All rights reserved.