The final winners of FMOTY 2021
Here are the lists of winners selected by 16 judges for the Future Mobility of the Year Award 2021 in the two categories from final candidate concept vehicles.
Renault becomes the best concept car makers in Private mobility of 2021.
Canoo wins best concept car makers in Public &commercial / Personal mobility of 2021
- Renault 5 EV Concept, the winner of Private mobility of 2021
- Comments from judges –
- Georg Kacher (Germany) : Fuses Renault´s past at its best with Renault´s future at its peak: tradition and future become one.
- Marchetti Tricamo(Italia) : The concept is very cool and almost faithfully reproduces the style and design of the first generation R5 of the 1970s and early '80s. It's the details really set this design apart. A fantastic retro-style with some hi-tech items such new EV platform.
- Chacky Ip (Hong Kong):The retro look earned the most scores from me. It seems there are many potential buyer if it get manufactured.
-Kwon Yong-joo (Korea) Securing price competitiveness by mounting efficient LFP batteries
- Canoo Pickup, the winner of Public &commercial mobility of 2021
- Comments from judges -
- Franklin Markus (U.S): “This truck's compelling exterior design, savvy packaging, and innovative features like the extendable bed truly set it apart from the rest of the contender vehicles.”
- Georg Kacher (Germany) : “Incorporates all that matters: it´s clever, versatile, modular, esthetic, affordable, sustainable and bold.”
- Paul Horrell (U.K): “It contains multiple clever and practical ideas to make a pickup more helpful for the driver and user. They are realised a way that makes it a delightful vehicle, not merely a dull utilitarian one.”
- Carlos Payo Calderson (Spain) : Autopista Surprising pick-up that can be the perfect companion at work during the week and the perfect car to enjoy weekends and our adventures. I love the modular solutions to expand the cargo box. And also, 100% electric
- Zeca Chaves (Brazil): a commercial vehicle that combines a simple but very functional design, both inside the cabin but mainly in the cargo area, which allows configurations never imagined
- Carl Cunanan (Philippine) :A wonderfully inventive rethink of a stalwart workhorse platform. It makes the pickup even more utilitarian, perfect for the more modern craftsmen and artisans that may well need to bring their tools and indeed their workshop around with them.
- Marchetti Tricamo(Italia) : The pickup truck demonstrates that the electrification technology makes possible to produce vehicles - especially for urban and commercial use - even for a small startup. The design are minimalism and is the right solution when you could match a great interior space with a small dimensions.
- Goro Okazaki (Japan): The many ideas for maximizing the benefits of EVs are very interesting.
- Kim Gibeom (Korea) : It presented the possibility of electric commercial vehicles that can be applied in various forms through the skating platform.
ⓒ 2019 Future Mobility of The Year Awards.
All rights reserved.